10:00 – 18:00

Our Opening Hours Monday - Friday

0141 258 9191

Call us for consultation



Visitor Visa

If you plan on visiting the UK for a short period of time to see family and friends or for tourism, you’ll most likely need to apply for a normal visitor visa. Visitor visas in the UK enable you to travel for up to six months and may be used for a variety of purposes, including pleasure and business. This path is also ideal for EU nationals who seek to visit the UK for a short length of time but do not intend to make it their permanent home. You can apply for a Visitor Visa if you are a foreign person who wishes to visit your family and friends or spend some time as a tourist in the United Kingdom.



The Standard visa allows you to undertake approved business operations in the United Kingdom as well as conduct activities in the United Kingdom as part of an abroad work function for up to six months. The Standard Visitor visa has replaced Business Visitor Visa, Family Visitor Visa, Child Visitor Visa, Student Visitor Visa (up to 6 months), Sports Visitor Visa, Entertainer Visitor Visa, Prospective Entrepreneur Visa, and Private Medical Treatment Visitor.


If you’ve been invited as an expert in your field by a UK-based organisation or client, you may be permitted to visit the UK for a paid engagement. You can stay in the United Kingdom for up to one month. You will not be able to extend your stay in the United Kingdom.
You has to demonstrate the following:
You’ve been officially allowed to invite by a UK-based institution to participate a pre-arranged event or other allowed involvement the event or participation is related directly to your knowledge and experience, certifications, and primary job in your native country.
you’re 18 or over.
you’re visiting the UK for no more than 1 month
You can pay for your return or onward travel (or have funding from someone else to pay for the journey)
You won’t stay in the UK for long periods of time or make it your primary residence if you visit frequently or consecutively.



If you’re passing through the UK in transit, you could require a visa (on your way to another country).

Before you apply, make sure you’ll need one.

To obtain a transit visa, you must demonstrate that you:

You’ll be passing through the UK on your way to another nation; if you have sufficient finances and the will to continue travelling, you can enter that country.

Your visit to the UK will solely be for transit purposes.


If you meet the following criteria, you must apply for a Marriage Visitor visa:

You wish to marry or form a civil partnership in the United Kingdom.
In the United Kingdom, you wish to provide notice of a marriage or civil partnership.

You don’t intend to stay or settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership, and you fulfil the other conditions.

You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa instead of a Marriage Visitor visa to transform your civil partnership into a marriage.

If one of the following is true, you do not require a Marriage Visitor visa:

You have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme; you have applied to the EU Settlement Scheme but have yet to receive a decision.

you’re an Irish Citizen



If you’re a Chinese citizen, you can visit the UK as part of a tour group for up to 30 days under the approved destination status agreement (ADS).

To be eligible, you must travel with your group of tourists (minimum of 5 persons) and stay with them for the duration of your visit.

Your trip must be arranged by a Chinese travel operator with an ADS licence.

Next Project